Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ponderings

These questions came from here: http://www.thevioletonline.com/
I am not sure if I'm allowed to copy them or answer them. Not really sure about blog etiquette, yet. But - I did give them the credit...

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 30, I feel more 30 than 43 behavior wise...

Which is worse, failing or never trying? never trying

If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? 'cos we are human and learn the hard way

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? unfortunately, probably

What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? war - idk - I'm really not that deep

If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? still being in the medical field

Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I believe in what I am doing, but am settling on parts of my life

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? more health conscious

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I left when I knew my child and I needed and deserved more

Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? both

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? Defend my friend

If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? dance

Would you break the law to save a loved one? wow - probably

Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? absolutely

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? parent my child

How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? because we are created to be different

What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? possibly further my education; I am held back because I am raising my young son and he comes first

Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? absolutely...

If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Hawaii because I loved it

Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? no I do not believe it makes it work faster... same applies to the red button at Sonic

Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? joyful simpleton

Why are you, you? because He made me this way

Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? not always

Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? losing touch with the one that lives near

What are you most grateful for? my son, my brother, my friends and my job

Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? I can't imagine either scenario

Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first? yes

Has your greatest fear ever come true? no

Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? yeah - unfortunately it still matters

What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? being at the lake with my parents - because I lost them way before their time...

At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
If not now, then when? It has been a while - idk when, or possibly don't wanna say...

If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? precious time with my son

Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? no, can't say that I have

Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? good question - unfortunately I don't know the answer

Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? no because I see evil masquerading as good ALL THE TIME...

If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? I would hope not

Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? I miss certain things - like being a Pedi nurse - but I am still content

Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? absolutely

When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? last night - still a dreamer

If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? my son

Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? no

What is the difference between being alive and truly living? unfortunately a lot of days I feel like I go through the motions and am not truly alive...

When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? it's always the right time to do what's right, but that doesn't mean we/I do

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? because dealing with mistakes are not exactly fun

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? probably put up with his shit a little longer

When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? no idea

What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? idk WHAT I love, only WHO I love and I don't think that is the point of this question

In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? not likely

Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I want to say that I am a leader and not a follower, but the reality is that I'm not...

No comments:

Post a Comment